Situated in the Massinga District in Inhambane Province of Mozambique on a 100 hectare estate and 600 kms north of Maputo, 110 kms north of Inhambane and 170 kms south of Vilanculos.
|International Guests||01 March – 16 December 2018
|17 December to 06 Jan 2019
Min 4 night stay
|Ocean Front Deluxe Room|
|Per Person Sharing||USD 322||USD 368|
|Single||USD 414||USD 483|
|Ocean View Chalet|
|Per Person Sharing||USD 265||USD 299|
|Single||USD 345||USD 390|
|Per extra adult (Max 2 extra)||USD 230||USD 253|
|Per Child 6 – 12 years (Max 3/suite)||USD 160||USD 184|
|Transfers||On request||On request|
Rates are quoted in USD and paid in ZAR, equivalent to the USD on the day payment is made. Rates are subject to change due to USD Fluctuation. SA/SADC Residents Rand Rates are available upon request.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Tea, coffee (excluding speciality tea/coffee), bottled water, fruit juice, local beer, local soft drinks and house wine (house wine with meals only).
- Afternoon tea/coffee cake
- For children 6-12 years of age there is a children’s menu. Additional surcharge for adult menu
- Government Tax
- Snorkeling at “Fingers” Rock formation
- Rock and Surf Fishing
- Swimming in the Warm Indian Ocean
- Beach games & walks, Kayak, Surf Boards, Boogie Board and Snorkeling Equipment
- Board Games, Cards, books ,table tennis, darts, pool table and movies
- Beach bicycle riding
- Coconut cutting demonstrations
- Travel to Inhambane or Vilanculos Airport transfer, Visas and Travel Insurance, Beverages, laundry and other items of a personal nature
- Rates exclude the following activities: Motorized leisure activities, activities not specified as complimentary
- Welcome to Massinga Beach Resort
Located in the Inhambane Province of Mozambique
A Beach Bar and Pool nestled right at the edge to the warm sea provide comfort and drinks to sun lovers. Nearby the boulders that have been artistically chiseled by the elements, provide a unique feature and shade for secluded picnics. Comfort is a priority in one of the 16 Ocean Front Deluxe rooms that were designed for Romantics. The 12 Ocean View Chalets, also with unimpeded views of the sea, are designed with families in mind. Regrettably the resort does not accommodate kids under 6 years.
In season, you can even view whales frolicking from your own deck whilst sipping exotic cocktails. Later, the night sky lights up and you feel like reaching out to catch the falling stars. Massinga Beach offers guests the opportunity to experience the splendor of Mozambique in a truly luxurious setting.
Massinga Beach is accessible by flights to Inhambane from where the lodge provides airport transfers on request. Self-drive is possible on a good paved road, heading north from Maputo to Massinga town. Last 10kms a 4×4 vehicle is required, however, parking facilities are available in Massinga Town for 2×4 vehicles.
Facilities available at Massinga Beach Resort
- Facilities include a Leisure Centre with a 180° view of the coastline and Indian Ocean beyond plus a Beach Bar and swimming pool right at the edge of the warm sea.
- Various beach games, kayaking, table tennis and pool table at the beach bar plus snorkelling and rock-fishing a mere +-2km walk up the pristine beach (arrangements may be made for vehicle transfer) and disc golf in the palm groves are available.
- In-room massage therapy, seasonal whale-watching and amazing star-gazing all add to Massinga Beach’s appeal.
Property Facilities: 32 Rooms / Restaurant / Cocktail Bar / Library / Two Swimming Pools / Private airport shuttle / Non-motorised watersports / Massage Therapy
- Services: Airport Shuttle, Credit Card, Laundry Service
- Permanent power is available with the support of a backup generator
- Standard SA power points for 3 prong round plugs
- Rooms fully serviced including an evening turndown
- Special occasion beach picnics and in-room dining possible by prior arrangement and subject to season
- Limited Vodacom cell phone reception
- Wi-Fi available at reception area
- Ocean Front Deluxe Rooms (16)
Spacious en-suite comprising of a bedroom with a 180 degree ocean view, front deck with private splash pool & sun loungers, extra length king-size bed, luxury linen, wrap around mosquito net curtain, bathrobe, room safe, stocked mini bar, tea & coffee station & air conditioning. En-suite bathroom with direct access to deck’s freestanding bath, rain shower, seperate toilet and luxury guest amenities.
- Ocean View Chalets (12)
Spacious Suite. Bedroom with a 180 deg ocean view, extra length king-size bed, luxury linen, wrap around mosquito net curtain, room safe, air-conditioning in the main bedroom. En suite bathroom has a freestanding bath, rain shower, seperate toilet and luxury guest amenities. Lounge with double sleeper couch and seperate shower/basin/toilet. Certain rooms are configured with 2 single beds in the lounge area. Stocked mini bar and tea & coffee station. Bedroom and lounge lead onto deck with outside patio furniture.
- Ocean View Standard Rooms (4)
Double or twin beds with en-suite bathroom. Mosquito net curtain, air conditioning/fan, mini bar and tea & coffee station. All rooms lead onto a deck with outside patio furniture. Suitable for guides and tour leaders.
- Enquire about our bush and beach combo (3 nights at Lukimbi Safari Lodge and 4 nights at Massinga Beach) – great savings of R3000.00 per person per stay!
Massinga District, Inhambane Province
Massinga Beach is accessible by flights to Vilanculos and Inhambane. The lodge provides airport transfers whilst self-drive is possible on a good paved road from Maputo to Massinga. The last 10kms is on a scenic sand road and suitable for 4×4 vehicles. Parking is available upon request in Massinga Town at a nominal daily rate.
- Self Drive
- Flying In
Flights daily from OR Tambo and Maputo. LAM Mozambique Airlines to Inhambane & Airlink to Vilanculos
- Flying to Inhambane Airport
Meet and Greet at Inhambane Airport. A short drive through the historic town of Inhambane to the port to catch a private local motorized ferry to Maxixe (+/- 25 min). This will give you a great insight into the daily life of the local commuter as well as a photographic opportunity. From Maxixe to the Massinga Beach turnoff is a +- 45 min road transfer along the tarred EN1 main road, passing through various towns and villages and crossing the Topic of Capricorn. A 10km sand road through the coconut groves will bring you to the splendor of Massinga Beach. Complimentary water and soft drinks are provided during the road transfer. Duration, app 2 hours. Transfer without the local motorized ferry option also available on request.
- Flying into Vilanculos Airport
Meet and Greet at Vilanculos Airport. A 170km road transfer passing villages and spectacular Boabab trees will bring you to the Massinga Beach turnoff. Complimentary water and soft drinks are provided during the road transfer. Duration, appr 2.5 hours.
Snorkeling at “Fingers” Rock Formation, Rock and Surf Fishing, Beach Games & Bicycle Riding, Massage Therapy, coconut Cutting Demonstration, Nature walks both on the beach and through the hillside, Board Games, Pool Tables, Table Tennis, Darts, Satellite Television, Star Gazing – telescope provided on the leisure deck. Beach Picnics seasonal and by prior arrangement.
- Massinga Town Tour, Inhambane Cultural Tour, Scuba Diving, Deep Sea Fishing, Pansy Island