Tau Game Lodge
Privately owned Tau Game Lodge, situated in the North West Province, can accommodate up to 60 people and offers an ideal South African conference venue as well as an idyllic wedding venue overlooking a natural waterhole.
Winter Special at Tau Game Lodge for Travel Between 6 May to 31 July 2019
R3066.00 per person sharing per night
R3679.00 per single per night
This special is valid for all new Individual Guest bookings with a minimum stay of 2 nights. (Excludes group bookings)
This rate is inclusive of three meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner), two game drives per day and drinks & snacks on game drive.
The rate does not include the park entrance fees R180.00 per person, the tourism levy (R10.00 per person per night at present), all items ordered from the bar, curio purchases, telephone usage, internet usage, laundry and all other extras.
A compulsory Rhino conservation Fee of R 150.00 per Adult per night and R 75.- per child per night (2-12) is applicable to assist the Reserve in its anti-poaching efforts.
Introduction to Tau Game Lodge:
Madikwe – Tau Game Lodge South Africa
On the far northern border of South Africa lies a beautiful area known as the Great Marico and it is in this spectacular setting, in the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve, that Tau Game Lodge South Africa is situated.
The jumbled hillocks of Tshwene-Tshwene and the dramatic ridge of the Dwarsberg Mountains expose rocks of up to 2630 million years old and artifacts of the Stone and Iron Ages are still found in the Great Marico dust.
Privately owned Tau Game Lodge South Africa was built in 1995 and overlooks a vast natural waterhole, which attracts a variety of game, as does the diverse vegetation that thrives in the fertile topsoil.
Situated at an easy 4 hours driving distance from Johannesburg or 50 minutes daily scheduled flight from Johannesburg International airport, Tau “The Place of the Lion” can host and accommodate up to 60 people.
Facilities at Tau include:
Dining deck and Fully licensed bar overlooking a waterhole / Curio shop / Entertainment lounge / Tau Spa Oasis / Convention Centre / Boma / Lapa and swimming pool.
The bush is the ideal environment in which families can share relaxation time together, provided they are disciplined and respect the rules of the bush. Tau is discreetly electrically fenced around the living area for added safety.
A large playroom is also reserved for children’s arts and crafts and other supervised activities. The chef offers additional child-friendly food to complement the adult meals, including plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.
Children between 6 and 11 years old can join the adult safaris, they will however also be issued with a special Cubz Club activity booklet and are welcome to join their siblings during the Cubz club activities.
Tau Game Lodge – Accommodation
The décor and furnishings of Tau Game Lodge are Africa-inspired and the rooms are equipped with both air-conditioning and ceiling fans.
Thirty luxury thatched chalets are spread out in U-formation on either side of the lodge, offering excellent views of animals approaching the water from the opposite bank.
The accommodation consists of 30 luxury thatched chalets, all with views of the game approaching the water hole. Each chalet ensures privacy with its own viewing deck, en suite bathroom, open-air shower, air-conditioning and ceiling fans.
The more spacious Deluxe chalets with comfortable seating areas, can accommodate parents and children wishing to share the same room. The sliding doors allow for spectacular views of the breathtaking beautiful tranquillity of the rugged surroundings of the diverse bushveld.
The Family suite and Family unit are both consisting of two bed rooms and are semi inter-leading and share a comfortable lounge.
- Three meals daily
- 2 Game drives per day in open landrovers guided by experienced Rangers, includes sundowner drink on drive.
If scheduled flights are booked through Tau – then Airstrip Transfers are included
- Conservation Levy of R180.00p.p
- Government / Bed Levy R 10.00 p.p. per night (Above rates subject to change)
- The Rhino Conservation levy payments will be utilised for anti-poaching and general conservation initiatives and will be charged at R 150.00 per Adult per night and R 75.00 per child (2-12) this fee is VAT inclusive as at 1 August 2017.
- Transfers to and from the lodge
- Telephone/Internet Use, Curio and Bar purchases, Spa Facilities, Gratuities and Laundry
Convention Centre Venue Hire
When booking a Standard Chalet in high season – Single surcharge of 20% applies when more than 2 single rooms are booked in one party/group.
When booking a Standard Chalet in low season – Single surcharge of 20% applies during low season on all rooms booked.
N.B single surcharge will apply for all singles between 24 Dec – 5 Jan annually
- Exciting early morning and afternoon/evening game drives in open landrovers (After sundown with the aid of powerful spotlights)
- Guest are accompanied by enthusiastic and knowledgeable armed rangers.
- An Informative trail is offered within the Lodge confinements and can be arranged on request accompanied by your ranger/guide.
- Bush walks in the Reserve itself need to be requested in advance; The NW Parks Board imposes strict regulations, stipulating that only guests between the age of 16 and 60 are permitted on Bush walks and a recent medical certificate of good health has to be presented.
- Lion, leopard, black and white rhino, elephant, buffalo, kudu, gemsbok, impala and eland, cheetah, wild dog and many more.
- You can relax in a spacious two-level lounge area and enjoy delectable African cuisine, on the outdoor dining deck, and at night, during balmy African evenings, in the traditional African Boma
- This is a malaria-free area
South African Safari Holiday – The Wildlife
Madikwe Game Reserve is one of the few reserves where one can come for a truly South African safari holiday and view an unusual wide variety of South African wildlife.
Come and see the magnificent animals that have settled in our South African game reserve, such as:
breeding herds of elephants / white and black rhino’s / lions / cheetahs / spotted & brown hyena’s / buffalo / leopards / zebra / endangered wild dogs / giraffes / ostriches / warthogs
Various antelope species roam Madikwe Game reserve, namely:
Impala / Springbok / Kudu / Waterbuck / Wildebeest / Eland / Blesbok / Nyala / Sable
Madikwe is also home to a bird population of over 250 different species. A spectacular diversity of South African wildlife is conserved at Madikwe Game Reserve and you can enjoy the South African wildlife and the tranquility of nature right on your doorstep while on your South African safari holiday at Tau Game Lodge.