Cape Town Eats City Walking Tour
This tour explores Cape Town from all sides. It aims to climb under the skin of the city so that by the end of the day you understand the pulse of of the city. We explore it from all sides – the history, the people, their cultures, their cuisines, as well as contemporary Cape Town and its artisanal trends. Cape Town is a city that has been metamorphosing at a rapid rate over the last ten years – it feels like a butterfly that is emerging from a city that was once a run down area that was purely a business district into a city where we now live and play. Walk the city flat, explore and taste the city. Be sure to eat a very light breakfast or no breakfast and to wear comfortable shoes. The tour goes from 9am to 3.30pm on weekdays and 08h30 to 3.30pm on Saturdays as we include a visit to the Biscuit Mill Market, Cape Town’s oldest food market.
Full Day Cape Town Eats City Walking Tour with Table Mountain:
After exploring the city on foot, we then hop back into the tour vehicle and make our way to Table Mountain Cable Way Station. Here we ascend Table Mountain in order to enjoy the views of the city from all sides. (Weather dependent)
Full Day Cape Town Eats City Walking Tour with Constantia Winelands:
After exploring the city on foot we head through to the Constantia Winelands for a small taste of this wine region. We visit two wine estates before heading back to Cape Town (time dependent!)
The tour keeps changing as new creative and artisanal spots pop up on a weekly basis. This tour aims to give you an understanding of who we are and where we eat and play. As such it is a great tour to do early in your stay in Cape Town as it orientates you and gives you insight into where you want to return and play or explore further.
Tour Duration: Monday to Friday 09h00 to 15h30. Saturday’s from 08h30 to 15h30 (earlier start as we include the Biscuit Mill Neighborhood Goods Market)
Note the Eats Tour:
- does not operate on a Sunday (the city is closed on a Sunday!)
- operates as a private tour only
- Is a walking tour – it is however mostly flat and you only need a moderate level of fitness
- Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements – vegetarians are no problem at all – but sadly we struggle with vegans!
- Note we are happy to drop you anywhere centrally after the tour – so it is a good idea to combine the day with a visit to Table Mountain Cableway (weather permitting!). We are happy to drop you at the cable car station and you can simply taxi back to your hotel later.
Supersize your tour to a full day:
- Note that you can book the tour as a full day and do a combo of the Cape Town Eats Tour in the city combined with either Table Mountain or the Constantia Winelands in the late afternoon.
PRIVATE CAPE TOWN EATS CITY WALKING TOUR – a culinary ramble through the city
Timing of tour: 09h00 – aprox 15h30
Note that the Cape Town Eats Tour does NOT operate from 20 December to 5 January as many of our vendors close
Cost Per Person:
1 guest: R 4800.00
2 guests: R 3120.00
3 guests: R 2400.00
4 or more: R 1980.00